translate

Thursday, November 4, 2010

treadmill is my buddy

Alberto says: Now it is confirmed, after going to the gym nearby my apartment, I just proudly can tell you guys that i just earned a 145.6 pound weight and a waistline of 128 inches. So Gbex and Ellen, how about giving me a big hand for such a hard-earned nights of working out at the 24hr fitness gym?
It is indeed a great accomplishment, but this would have hot happened without my perseverance, discipline and the help of my bestbuddy now which is actually a Treadmill. What is it?
A treadmill is an exercise machine for running or walking while staying in one place. The word treadmill traditionally refers to a type of mill which was operated by a person or animal treading steps of a wheel to grind grain.

The machine provides a moving platform with a wide conveyor belt and an electric motor or a flywheel. The belt moves to the rear allowing a person to walk or run an equal, and necessarily opposite, velocity.

The rate at which the belt moves is the rate of walking or running. Thus, the speed of running may be controlled and measured. The more expensive, heavy-duty versions are motor-driven.

The simpler, lighter, and less expensive versions passively resist the motion, moving only when the walker pushes the belt with their feet.

Next posts of me will show you my hardly-earned body built okay?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...