translate

Monday, June 9, 2008

protect and don't give up...



There was a news I read in the archives of an old newspaper telling the story of a casket said to have been discovered in Scotland.
It was no ordinary casket. It was believed to contain the heart of King Robert of Scotland. Legend has it that his doggedness was inspired by watching a spider weave its web as he sat in a cave.
As a young boy I was also quite engrossed and fascinated with spiders. Our house windows did not have that kind of imported Bali mini blinds that protect me from the winds and the sunlight coming inside. Spiders then just freely get into our windows. I had my matchboxes with various compartments to house several of them. In that way, they were prevented from killing each other.

I did not appreciate at that time that they possessed the quality of not giving up that easily. Now as I look back, the eenzy weenzy spider's story talks about trying our best all the time and not getting waylaid by past mistakes or by outside obstacles.
If I may say: the rains may come and wash down our efforts but we cannot allow that rain to dampen our spirits. We cannot sit and sulk or worse still, allow ourselves to be paralyzed into inaction...Use the proverbial mini blinds to protect us from the dust and the winds and the blinding rays of the sun!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...