Dom says: I got this favorite line from one of the Pinoy VCD movies that I already watched during the course of the week that passed.The movie was made by an independent producer and that there is one popular line in which the actor, I think that was Richard Quan, who played as the father in the storyline, kept repeating it in several scenes of the movie for his gay son to listen to and obey, and that line went like this: "Huwag kang gagawa ng bagay na masama na maaari mong ikahiya" (translation: "Do not do bad things that in the end will cause you to be humiliated and give you embarrassment".)
The movie is a slapstick comedy but there is a deep lesson about overcoming one's weaknesses and strengthening family solidarity amidst crisis and turbulence. I admire the director of the movie for carefully coping up on the issues of domestic problems arising from an alternative lifestyle in this highly criticizing and individualistic society.
No comments:
Post a Comment